So....Thursday I get my first colonoscopy. Woo-Hoo!! :o) Trying to think positive and tell myself that it's good for them to do it just to make sure something isn't wrong--and second, that prep sounds so brutal that I'm bound to see 160 something by Thursday---can't wait for THAT!!!!
Has anybody had one since the band?!?!? I'm trying to figure out whether to take the pills---or the drink. Any suggestions?
Right about the time that my restriction got pretty good--I started getting constipated. Bad. Still drinking all my water, but the bulk had reduced so much that I started having problems. So one day--back around Easter it was really really bad and I ended up getting a fissure. Since then I've been bleeding (alot) and it feels like I give birth every day at 10AM!!!!
I finally got in to see the gastroenterologist about a week ago and that was an interesting appointment! He asked me the down low on everything about my poo---even had a chart I had to pin point my typical "movement" on. He discussed typical treatment for fissures and prescribed me some type of sterriod stuff. He also asked alot of family colon history--and based on that decided that I needed to come in for a colonoscopy to make sure it wasn't anything serious. I told him about the band and he was real quiet. He said that he isn't a fan of the band. I asked him why and he said that all he ever sees are the problem cases. That people with success don't usually come to him so he never hears about it. I told him that I've had mine ALMOST a year and that my quality of life now compared to a year ago is WORLDS better. I also told him that I know that this constipation stuff..(I still GO everyday but it's always really dry--sorry TMI)...is caused by the band (not getting enough bulk) and so not only do I need to figure out how to fix me NOW--but how to manage this in the future. I don't want to be on Miralax for the rest of my life!! (BG--I also asked him how many bezoars he's seen---just HAD to!!!! He hasn't seen any. haha.) He said that if it was him, he would get to goal and then let a little out at a time until he wasn't gaining or losing and could still manage to eat enough veggies to get the bulk (fiber) in--and to drink fiber every day too. It makes sense..but somehow scares the crap out of me! Oh well--cross that bridge when I get there.
Turns out stress tends to make all this stuff worse--great!! Perfect timing! Ok, so Deloitte offered me an awesome consulting job with OK pay. I countered, (stress stress) they countered (stress stress)... I wasn't thrilled with the final offer---not enough to be downtown DC every day. My current boss ended up matching their offer to get me to stay here. I am SO GLAD to be able to stay here in my easy job making the same pay that I would be making doing 20x the work. I know--the type A part of me cringes at that statement--but my priorities are different now and at this season of life I'm a mom and a wife and that's what I find fulfilment in succeeding at. I've never been paid so much to do so little and it does feel good. :o)
The house is coming along well---my hubby and I went down Sunday to pick out EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DETAIL inside the house. It was a 6 hour marathon appointment. I love that kind of stuff so it was pretty fun--albeit stressful!
So--my stomach is bloated from all this constipation & fiber supplementation. It pokes out and I don't like it. The scales are still hovering between 172 and 175....they won't go below that. Other than that--I feel SOOO GOOD!!! Friday I went golfing at work--had to walk the 18 holes, as usual, because my boss is too cheap to get a cart. It had been a year and a half since I touched my clubs. The last time I thought I would die from the walking. This time I was able to walk up and down the hills on the course without getting winded. It was HORRIBLE hot and that was rough--but I was shocked by how good I felt. Today there was a fire alarm at work. I just had to walk up 8 flights of stairs--and again, shocked how good I feel!
I am ten days away from Bandiversary!!
Here's a picture of me and my little girl at Red Lobster the other night. Look at HER metabolism!! :o)

2 comments:
Love the pic you look great. So sorry you are going through all that stuff!! stay positive
Lookin' good GF and glad your life is settling down a little (I get the priority and job perspective). SO GLAD you asked about the bezoars...and happy with his answer...I'd rather be an anomoly than him seeing lots of these (I'm sure you breathed a sigh of relief too).
Hope the colonoscopy went well (the prep is the hard part). I've had one incident of bleeding and I added more Benefiber and water and it's helping some...not perfect. I'm interested in seeing what he recommends as I think this is a pretty common problem.
Can't wait to see pics of the house (I'm an anomoly there too...I love building...stresses DH out!).
Post a Comment