Wow! Hard to believe that I've had the band now for a whole year! What a difference a year makes!!
Last weekend I went thru my closet for the first time since surgery to get clothes together to donate. I've had bags in my closet marked "195", "185" and "175" with clothes in each bag that have fit me when I weighed in that range. Ha ha....I know--it's twisted...that's yo-yoing at it's best!! Well, all the bags are empty now, and I went thru my whole closet--shoes and all---and gathered MOUNDS of stuff to go to Salvation Army. I sat on the bed looking at the giant Santa Clause bags full of clothes that I never liked and it really sank in for me.
I am such a different person now.
Just for fun I decided to try on my size 6 pants that I had so much fun in back in the day. I've kept them the whole time. :o) I knew they didn't have a prayer of fitting, but the coolest present I got for my bandiversary was being able to pull them all the way up! We won't talk about muffin tops or tummy fanny packs...but they really DID pull all the way up---it was like the best drug in the world. I really never thought I would ever be able to wear those pants again---but now I know I will.
Then---my friend called and left a message on my phone saying she just got approved!!!! Screaming and bouncing around the whole rest of the day.
Life is good. (And CrAzY right now!!!) My mind is a constant whirl of textile ideas, curtain ideas, wood floors, tile floors, patios, pools, landscaping ideas. I can only obsess about one thing at a time and it's the house right now until that's built. But I'm in such a good place in my life.
DH is going to take some pictures soon I'll post those as soon as I get them!
No comments:
Post a Comment