Tuesday, July 20, 2010

45 and counting!!

Officially 168 on the scale yesterday at the dr's office!!!!  That is a total of 45 pounds down, now. Woo-HOO!!

I am just getting back from a magical vacation in Florida. It was the first time in forever that I haven't felt completely self conscious on the beach---or snorkeling around with my daughter. Here are some pictures.





They looked at my band and stoma under flouroscopy yesterday. It is SOP to do that one year after surgery at my DRs....I took a quick pee test to make sure I wasn't pregnant--no worries there! And then went into the xray room. Last time I saw my DR I was 184---so this was a big change. He was about as excited as I was. It was really fun to see the little pouch fill up with barium...just the slightest trickle went thru---kind of looked like a tornado since I'm from the midwest. I asked him to make double sure that I didn't have a bezoar rolling around in there and told him to take care of my friend who is having surgery on Friday morning. I could swear that he took some saline out though--because I woke up HUNGRY last night at 4AM...and that hasn't happened for a VERY long time. And today--although I'm s'posed to be on liquids--I was able to eat THREE chicken strips and drink water right after. Hmmmm.....So, now would be a great time to start eating my veggies, I guess, and get my fiber back up.

I came back from vacation with a renewed zeal to work out. I was incredibly active the whole week--and the week before that moving boxes out of my house and packing furniture that I was buying on craigs list to the storage unit. I took my treadmill and other unused exercise machines over to the storage unit too...so I've got to figure out another method.

So---five pounds away from a very big number!!

Something kind of bitter sweet....I spent all last week with my extended family in Florida. I noticed for the first time a "distance" between my two sisters who have also battled with weight their whole adult lives and me. It felt sad and I missed being able to talk and joke with them about our weight related angsts. One of them looked like she had gained quite a bit over the past couple months and the other was frustrated because she had been running 2 1/2 miles a day and hadn't lost a pound. But she didn't talk to me about it. I just overheard her talking to someone else. It's like they don't know what to say to me anymore. They are happy for me, but it's like hanging out with friends that don't have kids when you have young kids...somehow there is a separation and a inability to relate with each other. :o(  I was sad about that.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad I found your blog! Your pictures are great!

Sandy said...

Congrats. You're looking great. I had the same experience with my sister too. She has put on weight and has been trying for months to take some off but it isn't budging. Step in me who is losing (although I didn't mention it to her) and she seemed a bit distant. But I wasn't so kind-I have struggled for years and now I see all my sisters (3 of them) struggle and can't seem to give them any sympathy. I chose something that works for me. They will have to find what works for them.

Barbara said...

Just loved the pics.. you look amazing.. sorry about the sister situation (but maybe seeing you will motivate them). you have really done well..

Lap Band Groupie said...

Hey sweetie...you look FANTABULOUS!!!! I did a double take on the new pic!!! I'm so very proud and happy for you!!

I've got more to say soon...exhausted and on Mom's computer for a quick check in (last time at the old house today). I'll be back soon! Keep it up GF!!!