Monday, April 19, 2010

BMI 29.2 No longer OBESE!!

Wow! It feels so good to say that!!!!!

My scales have registered in the 170's all weekend!! I'm now six pounds away from the 173.0 mark which marks 40 pounds and the spot that I have never gone below since 2002.

On the band front--I'm either at the sweet spot or too tight--I can't tell which. I'm losing now again--I had a week where I hovered on 182.1. One of those stressful weeks that my husband and I were fighting and getting on each other's nerves. Then my daughter has had the flu--so I've been up all night and crashing during the day.  Zofran!!!! My big struggle with eating has been getting enough in. Enough water, enough protein, enough calories.  I haven't been hungry though--so that is AWESOME!!!! This is the first time in my band history where I can literally eat 1/2 cup of chicken pot pie and be FULL for 4 hours.  I'm not so sure that is a good thing, though...although it feels good in a warped anorexic way. Cognitively though, I know I need more bulk--more fiber--more protein--more veggies. My body did a really good job of maintaining my body weight and not letting go of a single ounce until Friday when it finally gave in and I lost three pounds in one day. I thought for sure it would be right back on Saturday but it's been steady dropping 1/4 pound a day since.

I've thought alot about going back to get a little bit taken out, but have decided to wait a little longer.

Tomorrow I have to go to a governor's luncheon down in Richmond. I remember last year when I went, and I had to squeeze myself into my size 16 brown suit and safety-pin the gapping between the bottons. My feet were throbbing in my pumps that were way too tight even though they were a wide size and I just sat there feeling and being fat.  I had JUST started looking into lap band surgery and was seriously considering it. I remember thinking while I ate my dessert....if I do this lap-band thing...what will next year be like?? How much different will I look? How much different will I be inside? Will I dread this event so much then?  

So, here it is...another year. I've got my size 11/12 suit ready to go--it needs to be tailored, because it's too loose at the waist..but that's not going to happen, because I'm going to just need it done again.  My shoes have gone down 1/2 size since then and I can't wear wide sizes anymore or they just fall off!  I'm really looking forward to the event this year. But I am dreading the meal!!! It's usually five courses and very good. Healthy-ish food like salad and chicken breast, asparagus...etc. I'm hoping I can EAT more than three bites of salad!!! I'm going to have to order hot tea or something.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

So nice you remembered your thoughts from last year and Yeah! that you will get to be comfy at the dinner. Just move your food around your plate if you can't eat it. I'm amazed that people really don't notice if you eat or not if you are in a great conversation. Have fun!

Dirttrackdiva said...

how great for you that you get to look back on last year and see the changes you've made. physically and mentally. i've been banded almost a year (11 months) and the difference is phenominal. i still have a long way to go, but the differences are scary. good job to you for recognizing that.

Barbara said...

Wow you have got to feel like a million bucks.. so nice to move onto the next BMI category.. Don't worry about the luncheon.. just talk alot people won't notice that you are playing with your food.. have a great time

Lap Band Groupie said...

CONGRATULATIONS GF!!! There's something so magical about getting rid of that 'obese' title next to our weight! It means you're getting healthy and will be around longer (to make me laugh).

Just because you aren't hungry after 1/2C doesn't mean you can't eat more (well, unless you're saying you're overfull) if you're not getting enough nutrition (I have days like that where I'm not hungry, but I still try to eat my veggies and fruit). Since you're able to eat, I'd wait for the stress to subside and then see if you still need an unfill.

CONGRATS again! I'm so proud of you!!