Thursday, March 24, 2011

And....still falling

I got my fill 8 days ago and have lost 4.8 pounds of the 14 that I gained after my unfil. I feel SOOOO good about it. Finally feeling back at the sweet spot and the relief from hunger. 9.2 pounds to go to get back to where I was. My goal is to reach that by April 20.

My mom flew out from Illinois and we painted an ocean mural in my daughter's room, so I haven't been blogging. She was asking questions about the surgery and if I would recommend it "even with all the problems that you've had". I was kindof suprized, because I don't think I've had alot of problems. I guess the stories my husband was telling her about me running to the bathroom at Longhorn Steakhouse (and NOT making it)...and pulling over on the side of the road---she thinks those are "problems"--whereas I think of them as me screwing up or not chewing enough.

I told her that I ABSOLUTELY would and have no doubt that FOR ME this has been the best tool that I've ever had to lose weight--and keep it off. I wish my sister would get the surgery--I wish my aunt would get the surgery.  The last couple months reminded me of the deep sense of defeat and helplessness that gaining weight/trying to lose weight brings on. I just found myself unable to stop the trend. Soooo thankful for this tool.

1 comment:

Lap Band Groupie said...

Great post (Dear Mom throwing up now and then isn't a problem; hypertention, diabetes, earlier death...problems). Can't wait to see pics of the room!!! I already bought some herb plants...couldn't believe they have some plants at Lowe's here already (all the stuff outside was covered though)!