I feel like I've made a lot of progress in the last month when it comes to unlocking the power of my mind. Thank you, Drazil, for getting me hooked on Martha Beck! The Four Day win book has given me SO MUCH insight into how my mind works when it comes to fighting weight--especially in the areas of all or nothing modes with "clean diets" and crap food, obsessive eating, famine brain spazzes and how the HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO urgency of losing weight is self-defeating.
The book doesn't really talk about how to deal with apathy. Like when my "inner dictator" is feeling zen and just chillin. I tend to get this way alot, especially when I get to the place when I'm buying clothes that are cute and actually fit me and look GOOD--even though they're a size 12 and I want to be an 8. And when people tell me I look great and I say I'm ALMOST halfway there and they exclaim about how I can't have 30 pounds left to lose (!!!!! That happened Saturday!!!! happy dance happy dance!!!). In my mind I know I'm not at my "happy weight" of 155, but I feel great and it's like instead of pushing forward with more and more momentum, I feel content smelling the roses. Like I forget that my arms look fat and I want to wear sleevless tops this summer!! C'est la vie....I'm on cloud nine celebrating my 29.6 pounds of weightloss. For two weeks. What the heck??!!!
Anybody else out there feel like this? What helps you get thru those times? Before the band I would lose 20 pounds or so, be feeling good about myself and eventually several months down the road I would have gained 22 pounds back. Then I would feel miserable about myself, scream new resolve and charge into the next 20 pound loss, only to get to the happy place again.
For me this will be why the last thirty is so much harder to lose than the first thirty---not to focus on glass half empty!! But, I've got to figure out a way to fight thru this phase. I'm not worried about gaining what I've lost back--but I don't want to stay happy at 29.6 pounds!!! Or at 39.8 or at 50 down....

1 comment:
LOVE this picture! I love Martha too - she's so funny. Maybe you'd like Eckhart Tolle too. I wonder if it's not so much apathy as maybe you let yourself settle. Have you asked yourself why? Maybe cuz if you control when to be content then you are choosing to stop going on which guarantees you won't fail. Are you afraid if you choose to keep going on you may fail? I don't know - keep reading - you'll figure it out. LOVE your blog - can't you see Drazil and Gritz just trading notes on their mamas?
Post a Comment