Wednesday, March 24, 2010

NSV Going to my old work today

A little over a year ago, my office moved to inside the beltway to a rental property of the college I work for. Sometimes, but not often, something comes up that requires me to go to the other building where my office used to be. I had to do that this morning. It's been a long time since I've been over there.

Losing weight as slowly as I have--(like 3/4 pound a week--dang it all!)--it is so easy to get frustrated, feeling like I'm not losing at all. Well, today is a beautiful day, so no coat and I'm wearing a tight shirt. I really feel skinny today.

Almost everybody--no lie--said something about how much weight I lost! I couldn't believe it. Most of the girls even said they hated me!!  :o) That's the best.

So today I'm celebrating. Walking across the parking lot in the sun, it kindof feels like time is rolling backwards. Like I'm very slowly changing back into the person I used to be. Like I'm starting to recognize the face in the mirror again.

Confidence, like the tingles you get when your leg has been 'asleep' for a long time, is just starting to come back little by little.

I'm glad the sun is shining today. A gloomy day just wouldn't fit the way I feel.

1 comment:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Awww....this post made me tingly too! So nice to get back to the you that you remember! Rock on Rebekah! I missed you not posting.