Friday, March 12, 2010

HALFWAY THERE!!!!!

Can I just sing Bon Jovi's song at full blast this morning!??! I'm SOOO uber excited. My scales this morning blew right thru the halfway mark that I've been standing on like a balance beam and now I'm a whole pound past that!! Skipped 183 completely and now am 182.6 (183.8 was my half-way point).


I am going to post half-way to goal pictures after hubby takes them tonight.  I'm getting close to the "Mysterious Beyond" or "the back 40" as the old farmer guys used to say back home. I've never been lower than 173 pounds since I was about six months pregnant with my daughter--eight years ago. So--when this next ten is gone it will be monumental for me. The twenty after that are unspeakable at this point.

This weekend, my goal is to make a "vision board" and hang it up in my bathroom. I also will write my "reasons"--not to lose "the weight", but to lose this last thirty pounds and not "settle" at any point before that.

This morning I have NOTHING to wear. After seeing that number on the scale---I was ready to put on a two piece and go to work! But all my tops made me look frumpy today and my only clean bra (that used to be my lift and separate favorite) makes my boobs hang low and wide now. Puke...PB! So, I'm wearing puke outfit to work today--incognito--they have no idea that under this big sweater I'm really 30 pounds lighter!!

Here's another thing to celebrate! I am on day four of a hideous head cold. Usually, when I feel like crap, I eat crap medicinally. I want salty things like cheap pizza or spiral mac and cheese with salt on it. But I read a blog entry by Jack Sh*t and it really helped me get thru without going off of my eating plan.  I kept saying to myself that crap days are the "best" days. So, I'm starting to feel a little better and the scale gods are blessing me big time for perservering.







4 comments:

Sandy said...

Woo Hoo for the big half way point. I too haven't been lower than 174 for many many years. That is my next goal (15 pound away). Funny how different weights are tatooed in our brains. Our life revolves around the different weights we have been.

But for now another Woo Hoo! for getting to the half way point. And a Happy Dance too.

Cole Walter Mellon said...

The back nine is definitely harder in a lot of ways, but if you can just keep pushing forward your body will actually help out, burning fat more effectively and more efficiently as you get leaner.

Thanks for the shoutout, and kudos on the major accomplishment!

carla said...

Congratulations!!!! You must be over the moon. Keep up the good work

Jen said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!
I hope you feel better soon, good job staying on plan.
Happy Friday!
Jen