Yesterday I was panicked about impending doom over my lunch. It turned out fine. Their theme was the Olympics, so they had alot of ethnic food--and not the popular ones. I'm talking Hungarian Gulosh...etc. They had alcohol there to drink--I abstained saying I had to commute home right after (true, true) and had water instead, then they had this "appetizer" (gross! It was sausage & rice rolled up inside stewed grape leaves)...I felt down-right self-righteous getting that down---but it got stuck right away. I was hoping it would move thru before the rest of the meal came, b/c otherwise it would be VERY conspicuous! It did with a few sips of hot coffee. The other appetizer was some really good looking spinach and cheese inside of a crescent-roll...good thing I was stuck, b/c I would have LOVED that!! The meal was buffet style and there were egg-noodles, Hungarian Goulash, some AWESOME salmon...and some weird baked pickles & potato thing. So, I ate the salmon---SOOOOO good!! and picked around at the potato stuff. The cool part is that the meal was very eklectic, so "liking it" was everyone's issue--not that I had mounds of noodles left on the plate. Dessert was a really good, weird textured cake with hard chocolate fudge frosting--like actually a crust about 1/8" thick of super dark chocolate. Really good!!
I did as planned...sparce supper with hardly any carbs--on top of that I had chicken fajita innerds with no shell--for some reason I always get stuck on either the onions or the green peppers in that, so I hardly ate any and was good for the night. I was really scared to weigh this morning, but I didn't gain one red ounce. Didn't lose one either--but that is beside the point.
I've GOT to drink more water, though!!! I'm really feeling dehydrated, but can't seem to get it all down. I get the thirstiest right after I eat, and I'm REALLY trying to abide by the band rules (thanks to the pangs of guilt I get when I read BG's nutrition posts). So I've put reminders on my outlook calendar today like every hour on the hour. Drink a glass of water!!!
Since I'm blathering I should tell about yesterday! On the way home on I66, traffic was horendous. I'm really trying to get to my daughter's school on time to pick her up. So, when it opened up, I was flying down the road. "Lord, give me wings!!" I was praying. I had JUST got off the phone with aforementioned skinny sister. So this beat-up van pulls in front of me and loaded on the top of the van are two brand-new mattresses. I thought to myself that maybe I should try to get around this guy. But my exit was coming up and I was already late, so I stayed. The mattresses looked fine, not wobbly or anything. In a split second--like it was slow motion--a wind gust (they were up to 40-something mph yesterday here) hit and those mattresses went flying up in the air (up not down). I could see the box springs base mattress spiraling RIGHT towards my windshield. Thank God I was in the far right hand lane--I swerved onto the shoulder. The other mattress floated down to a thud on the pavement in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and stopped right before I ran over it. It was one of those times when every hair on your body stands on end because that could have been the end. Especially if I would have still been on the phone, my reflexes would have been alot slower. And if I were in ANY other lane---swerving to avoid that missile would have put me in the path of disaster. So, thank you, God, for another day!!!
4 comments:
Way to go on your lunch and dinner yesterday. Getting enough water is really hard for me too. I see some people drinking 100 oz. and I think.."How in the heck???" I'd be in the bathroom all day!
I'm SO GLAD you are safe after that freak accident! Thank God you were off the phone and in the right lane. How scary! I just want to hug you after reading that. ((((Hugs!!!)))
OMG, I am thanking god everything worked the way it did! I am glad you are ok!
I don't have a problem with water but I can understand how people would. I usually keep a 2 cup plastic cup on my desk and take 2 33 oz bottles to work with me and fill it up from them. I'm not a clock watcher but my desk faces the one in my office so I schedule it. Every time I look at the clock between 9am and noon. (I get there at 8 but have to go with 9 so breakfast has time to sit.)I take a drink. It probably is more than I should be "sipping" but, with those 2 bottles and what I drink at home at night, I get at least 80 oz of water in a day.
Holy freeholy! I was sweating out those mattresses...not even tied down??!!
Hey...this is a NO GUILT ZONE...we've had quite enough of THAT with all our failed diets missy! We just take it one day and one change at a time!
Yeah - you won your 4 day win! I knew you could do it!
Post a Comment