Saturday, February 13, 2010

KNOCK-OUT!!!

Ok--if any of you live anywhere close to an L.A.Boxing--I'm sure you've heard their commercials on the radio. "It's time to take care of your biz-nas and get in shape with our 1,000 calorie workout." or something like that.  Well, back in December, me and a couple of my friends tried it. I could NOT believe how it killed me!!!! I mean seriously I was trying NOT to throw up. My gag reflex is especially keen after this band surgery...so trust me--I was close. I did things in that class that I would have sworn I couldn't do--like cherry pickers, mountain climbers...all kinds of boot-camp-ish stuff. I was very skeptical that one 60-minute workout could yeild 1,000 big ones, but after that---I think I burned 2,000 just trying to recover. That class SCARED me to death, but I've never felt that spent from just a class.  I joined a couple weeks later. Put my membership to Lifetime Fitness (my exercise spa) on hold and decided to try something completely UN-SPA like to kick-start my exercise fire again.  Granted, as you can see, I had to have pink gloves.

I have to say it's been really fun--although I haven't been able to make the 35 minute trek the original goal of 3 times a week--I've gone a good 12 times since and I still haven't thrown up.  It's actually gotten a little easier every time and I've been able to hit harder and stay in a rhythm and am getting to the part that everybody said in the beginning--coming to this class is great stress relief. Trust me, at first--it was like a stress-inducing panic attack.  I've been really inspired by this one lady that I saw the first night I was there. She had only been there a week--and was encouraging me and my friend Nicole to come back.  Well, here it is--exactly eight weeks later and she has lost 23 pounds--just from this class. Literally every time I see her she looks smaller! Such an inspiration! I've always been one of those people that likes to exercise, but exercise has NEVER been my key to weightloss. It's always been my key to energy and wellbeing (healthy living), but has never done like it has for this lady.  Food--or the lack thereof-- has always been the 80% to my success--hence the band.

Anyway--I have a free class to give out to anyone who lives near the Northern VA/DC area--come join me! I'd love some company!

4 comments:

Lap Band Groupie said...

LOVE the pink gloves! You look so cute! Sounds like a fun (and kick butt) class!

Sandy said...

Sometimes we have to rev up our workouts to let the body know we mean business. So glad you enjoy the boxing. I have so many friends who love it and believe it is the best all body workout-they find it contours their body even if they aren't losing much weight. Keep on punching!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I think I would LOVE something like this....wish I had it in my area.

Dirttrackdiva said...

boxing is awesome! i used to do it six days a week at a club here where i live. alas, now i have six herniated disks in my back and the doc put the kaibosh on the boxing. when i started losing weight i asked him if i could start it up again and he asked me if i was out of my everloving mind. lol guess that's a no. i envy you my friend. i miss my boxing days so much. have fun.