Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 4 Drama

Ok..so it's the last day of my four-day win. The boss told me on the way out of work yesterday that he's taking me to lunch today!! (WHAT?!?!?! I don't WANT to go to lunch!!!! You CAN'T take me to lunch!!!!!)  I work at a college so the HRM (Hotel, Restaurant, Management or something like that) students constantly use us office people as guini pigs to test out their cooking, restarant management skills..etc.  I had a moment of panic, because this was my first 4-day win. And I've been immaculate on my diet--and have been busting my hump on the treadmill every night at 6:30 as promised to myself. Doesn't my boss know that it's super important for me to have this early success?!!? I mean, four freaking days?!? Is it too much to ask without some kind of screwup?

This morning, when I got up, during my ritualistic naked weighing, I have lost 1.2 pounds in the past three days!!! WOOO-HOOO!!!!!   But then I see Gritz writhing on the floor pounding his fists and wailing---just sure I'll gain it all back at lunch.  And I'm feeling neither compassionate nor soothing. Shut up, Gritz!!  Then I go downstairs and I realize that I've run out of perfectly pre-portioned oatmeal for this morning. Obviously no need to pack lunch, so what to do for breakfast??!

Deep breath. Ok, quick trip way back inside myself  to "observe" all of this from a distance. Isn't this life? Isn't this the way best laid plans tend to go? There will always be obstacles.  It is not humanly possible for you to consume 4,200 calories at lunch anymore, so you won't gain all the weight back (in fat). The sodium might make the scale go nuts tomorrow, but you won't be fooled by that. This is for life. This is not some contest. My 4-day win isn't really about losing weight--it's about sticking to my goals, eating clean and exercising every night at 6:30. I'm doing that. I'm succeeding. Make good choices this morning, really try to enjoy a delicious meal for lunch--protein first, skip the carbs tonight and drink a ton of water.

I can do this.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Good for you Rebekah..
Stick to the simple proteins on the menu.
Just remember this most likely won't be the last time you get these invites when you are forging on with your goals.. YOU CAN MAKE SMART CHOICES.. and don't be afraid to say you had a hearty breakfast so you want to keep the lunch light.. you've gt the right attitude..

Lap Band Groupie said...

Yes you can!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Awesome Rebecca! Your 4 day win is already a success - you learned so much from it!