Ok, this morning I took measurements--it's been A LONG TIME!!!!! I'm going to do it on every 5 pound marker from here out. Here's my stats from before surgery until now:
Neck down 1/2 inch
Upper Chest down 3 1/2 inches(!)
Chest down 3 inches---thank you thank you!! Get me in some C's again!!!
Ribs down 3 1/2 inches
Waist down 5 1/4 inches (!!!)
Upper Hips down 2 1/2 inches (this is my BIG trouble spot--complete with my fanny pack I have left over from my c-section)
Hips down 3 1/4 inches
R Thigh down 1 3/4 inches
R Calf down 3/4 inch
R Arm down 3/4 inch
Waist to Hip Ratio .83 (down from .88)
I've been measuring my waist/hip ratio for eons now. My BMI has always been considered high--for example, when I was in a size 5/6 my BMI was 25. So....I have to go off of other risk factors. W/H is one of those. My initial Waist/Hip Ratio in June was 88%.....High Health Risk. I was never ever an "apple shape" until I yo-yoed up and down forever. Back when I was a trainer, I learned that one of the reasons why Yo-Yo dieting is so toxic is that as a person gains weight back on, it is distributed more prevalently on the abdomen--belly fat---giving that round apple shape. That is a theory up for dispute, but for me, has held true. So, I started at 88%.....today I'm at an even 83%! I'm down from High Health Risk to Moderate Health Risk. .03 more and I'll be in the Low Health Risk Category! Still have a ways to go to reach the esteemed .70 that is the ratio of highest attractiveness for Americans! However, somewhere in Africa I'm pretty hot!!!!
I'm pretty pumped about my measurements, too!
1 comment:
That reminds me, I haven't taken my measurements in a long time! Wow, what a change in yours!!! I thought that was REALLY interesting about the yo-yoing...boy was that true for me!! I had changed into an apple and didn't even know it (all my weight has always been in my hips).
Post a Comment