I just got off my treadmill. Another day of 30 minutes of vigorous walking! That felt good!! I love to exercise---it is one of those addictive things that I crave. If I had an extra 2 hours a day with no mother's guilt!! I love to watch Biggest Loser---mostly because I envy those people. I know that working out with devil-woman Jillian would be hard, but wouldn't it be great to be able to devote that much time every day to getting in shape?
I canceled my gym membership to Lifetime Fitness the other day--well I "froze" it...I can't give that place up. Lifetime is a beautiful, luxurious gym--it feels like going to a spa to workout. I love it. But alas!!! Too much money and too much mother's guilt. So, I was brainstorming about how to workout and not lose time with my daughter and decided to get my treadmill back out again and start putting more miles on it. That way my daughter can ding around having fun while I do that, plus it's a good example to her of making a priority of being healthy. I have a Christmas gift membership to LA Boxing...that I try to make it to 3 times a week. That runs out in April.
I did not have a good "diet" day today. But, thankfully, my band is great damage control. I'll focus on the great workout I had and do a little better tomorrow.
I've really tried to make a paradigm shift in the way that I think. Letting go of striving for perfection and seeking continual lasting improvement instead. In the past, I've really battled with "all or nothing" thinking...that was my Achilles heel that would inevitably cause me to fail on my best laid diet plans. One screw up and all bets were off. I thought "oh, well, if I ate a cookie then I'll just start my diet tomorrow. Today is completely shot." Then I would eat everything in sight. Tomorrow would come and go. I would set my sights on Monday as the "start day" or the 1st of the month. This has really helped me to not dwell on the negative, but to just try to climb one step higher the next day. Just a little better than yesterday, making a lasting positive change.
2 comments:
Hi Rebekah!! Great start to a new blog!! Love your attitude and I took the same approach...I'm an 'all or nothing' long time dieter. Having to do this WITHOUT dieting was hard and a new learning experience. You've got a great start to the WL, just keep it up.
OK, don't hate me, but after you gave me the blog info. I have to tell you-since it's in your title (losing=I'm losing weight, loosing=my pants are loose)...sorry, but I thought you might want to know. My kids call me the grammar police...they'd die if they read my blog, I'm the queen of '...' and forget to spell check all the time, so I'm no example LOL! (feel free to delete this comment too)
Can't wait to read more!! -BG
Oh, BG! I know! I just realized that last night when you couldn't find my blog! How embarrassing is that!? Anyway, I'm going to change the title, but keep the address as it is. haha
Post a Comment